With many healthcare centers and hospitals preferring to outsource their transcription services to professionals; many may also consider online medical transcription services.
How does it work?
Doctors are provided with 24/7 secure online access and generally the systems are set up for free along with free training and easy-to-use materials. Certain companies provide a dedicated account manager who can provide continuous support to help procure the most advantageous experience with skilled transcriptionists and online system.
Innovative software helps manage all documents which are saved online indefinitely, and can be accessed anytime. The best advantage is that rather that a turnaround time transcriptionists are available 24/7 to meet practice’s demands.
Getting to know the Process
- Submission of data – as in conventional medical transcription services, practice’s need to provide dictation of the patient information using the type of method they are familiar with to a secure site. Generally the transcription company with offer how to upload the files, like if the dictation is done with a recorder then how to transfer the same. If another method has been used for dictation the company lists the best way of uploading the information
- Transcribe- the transcriptionists are provided an updated online platform with various scenes that help provide efficient systems that guarantee fast and accurate service
- Audit and Review- this process is also done more quickly as the online system is able to automatically send the transcribed files between the transcriptionist and reviewer
- Online Access- the files can be accessed within as short time a time span as 24 hours and on review if the physician is unsatisfied then they are quickly returned with the required changes; so that transcriptionists can take immediate action.
Online transcription services also provide benefits like a complete reporting capabilities system which helps manage information like productivity, costs, and turnaround times.
Few of the things companies need to ensure to enhance doctor’s satisfaction during online transcription-
- Providing solutions at the most economic rate possible
- Maintaining strict standards of quality service and client satisfaction by work process management and feedback mechanism
- Adopting innovative technologies and efficient work process management techniques
Benefits of online transcription services
- Helps decrease capital investments, expenses and overheads, resulting in significant savings and increased profitability
- Specialized skills due to manpower proficient in the required area, assures better quality and results
- Healthcare units are free to focus on their core business activities
- Helps avoid the need for recruitment of a dedicated team to carry out transcription activities, saving on time, efforts and resources
- Other benefits like 24 x7 x 365 customer care support and rapid turnaround time
Transcription outsourcing has become an inseparable component of a healthcare unit today; the benefit lies in acquiring the best transcription service in the industry whether online or conventional transcription services.